Saturday, November 13, 2010

Turning Into The Incredible Hulk

I’ve decided to turn my blog into a recounting of all of the insane, stupid and just plain ridiculous stuff that happens to me just about daily. If you know me, I constantly say and do things without thinking and therefore, I have to deal with the consequences. I have slowly learned to laugh more at myself and the things that happen to me.

I decided to start writing about these things on the morning of January 2nd. I had a hotel room for the night of New Years Day in Louisville. I went out with my friends from High School, Ian, Brian and Keebler. At the end of the night, Ian and Keebler came to stay with me in my room. We woke up the next morning. I showered and decided that I wanted a sprite from the vending machine. The first stupid thing is that I pushed the Sprite button and out came a Coca Cola. WHAT?! I take a few drinks and go back to the room. I finish packing and we got ready to leave, so I could take them to a friend’s house and then I was going to lunch with someone else. I carry a pretty large purse and decided to put the coke down in there so that I would have my hands free to carry the rest of the luggage that I had brought. We made it to my car and I put my suitcase in, another bag of shoes (yes, a bag for just shoes), and a shopping bag of food (again, yes, a bag for food only). I get into the car and put my purse down. When I do, coke splashes out of it EVERYWHERE. I had apparently put the coke bottle down in my purse without the lid on it. WHO DOES THAT?! Coke was all over my car, I had no napkins and there was a puddle down in the bottom of my purse.

The second event that further encouraged me to write this blog happened to me this morning. I woke up in a pretty great mood. I considered it the last day of school this week, because I am banking on a snow day tomorrow and Friday. I have car duty, so it takes me about 15 extra minutes to dress in the layers that I put on. Example: Today it was opaque tights, leggings, knee high socks, black dress pants. Two tank tops, short sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt and Natcher tee shirt. I wore my North Face fleece, a coat, a hat and gloves. The real life saver this week has been “hot hands”. I get all bundled up, get my to-go coffee, my purse (the same one from the coke incident) and I waddle down the steps. I had to waddle, because of all of the layers. Don’t judge me. I got to the car and went to open the door. When I did, the door handle ended up in my hand. I turned into the Incredible Hulk sometime throughout my morning routine. It was a clean break. Not the whole handle, only enough to not allow me to get in through the driver’s side door. I had to open the back door and use my “go go gadget arms” to open the driver’s door. I couldn’t even be upset this morning. I had to laugh, because it was one of the more random things that have ever happened to me. I get the car started and scrape the windows. All the while laughing at the fact that I have enough strength to break my car door handle off.

No comments: