Because, when the sun shines, we’ll shine together
Told you I’ll be here forever
Said I’ll always be your friend
_______________________________
Now that it’s raining more than ever,
Know that we’ll still have each other,
You can stand under my umbrella,
You can stand under my umbrella,
ella, ella, ay, ay, ay…..
Yep…that blank is where I made up my own lyrics. Now that I know the real ones, I can’t remember what I used to say. Here’s the music video. See if this helps you.
Now…you may still not know what it says. This didn’t even phase me for a few years now that I didn’t know the words to this song. I still sung at the top of my lungs proudly and even did a little jig to go along with it. Recently, I found a really great acoustic version of this song sung by Marie Digby. I really liked it. So much, that I downloaded it. I’ve listened to a few of her other songs, but this one is a good one. I finally heard what the lyrics actually were. I’ve put this video below, so that you, too can hear the clarification. Amazing what an acoustic song does for my mind and soul.
Start thinking of all the songs that you make up words to…there are lots, I’m sure. And if anyone can sing all the lyrics to Yellow Ledbetter, I’d love to hear it….no google!
No comments:
Post a Comment