There are 8 of us and some plus ones, who are considered to be an important part of our group. I have something in common with each of these friends in different capacities. When this amazing group of friends get together, we laugh almost the entire time, say the most bizarre things, make fun of others (and each other), and gather quotes and memories for the next time that we are able to see each other. When a CKR is in the works, my heart swells ten times its size. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen as often as I would like. It's so difficult now that we are all "grown-ups" with real jobs and responsibilities. It doesn't help that we live in several different places; Bowling Green, Owensboro, Louisville, Nashville, Chapel Hill, Jackson. At least it's only 2 states right now.
We were given the nickname of CKR by a few girls who were (in my opinion) a little jealous that we were all getting together. We had graduated college and some had moved away, but several of us were still in Bowling Green. Our group wanted to plan a weekend to get back together to catch up, laugh, and be ridiculous. These girls dubbed us the "cool kids". So, we of course went with it. We added the "R" to the end ourselves. This weekend would now be called the "cool kids reunion". It stuck. I admit, it doesn't make a lick of sense when referring to our group of friends now, but hey, it's another reason to laugh at others and it's a memory. Am I right or am I right?
Here's a picture from the very first CKR.
I'm always sad that Anthony's not in it...he was the photographer. This might still be my favorite picture, though.
This is a picture of all of us at Katie and Hunter's wedding in Cincinnati. I've had this picture framed in my apartment for several years now. Such a great memory!
This was when we went canoeing while staying at Erin and Nick's. If you know us, then you know how NOT outdoorsy and athletic we all are.
The calm of the storm passed and then we all wondered, "Are YOU the river rat?" (P.S. Sammi missed out here. Sad).
You know in every group, you are closer to some than others. Don't get me wrong...I love each and every one of my friends in CKR. But this boy here below, is one of my closest friends that I have ever had. It's rare that you can be completely yourself around someone and talk to them about anything and everything. This would be that person for me. Meet Anthony!
This is a recent picture from Katy and Daniel's wedding. Almost all of us are in this one. I think it's the closest! We are just missing 3 of our plus ones; Hunter, Maegan, and Jered. Still such a great picture and another fun weekend in Cincinnati!
So, now you may have a better understanding of CKR. But, in all actuality, if you don't, it doesn't matter. They will still be my soul mates regardless of what others think or say. I love my friends and wouldn't trade them for anything!





No comments:
Post a Comment