A few months into marriage, we started talking about when we wanted to start a family. The same answer came up over and over. We didn't want to wait that long. We did not get married right out of college and we have both already experienced so much. I know that there is still so much more out there. There are so many more places that I would like to travel to and other experiences that I would like to have. However, if we were to have children, we wouldn't feel like we were missing out on any life experiences. We have also known each other for many years. We dated for a while, broke up, got back together and just knew that it was meant to be. To catch up on all that, you can read here. We have been through so much together and our relationship is very strong because of it. We not only went through our relationship ups and downs, but we were also there for each other through the loss of Matt's Mom and the loss of 2 of my Grandparents and he has been there for me through my Dad's cancer. Our relationship has just really changed and grown over the last few years. Because of all this, we decided that we were ready to start trying to have a baby. Once we decided that we were ready, we didn't waste any time and we were so lucky that I was able to get pregnant fairly quickly. It's something that so many people take for granted, but I am so thankful that it didn't take us long.
The night that I took the pregnancy test (okay, it was the 4th one that I had taken - IMPATIENT!), the moment that I saw "pregnant", I ran to find Matt in the house and we literally jumped for joy. One small word had changed our lives forever! I have never had a moment like that before in my life! It was an incredibly exciting and terrifying moment all at the same time. The following day I called my doctor to make an appointment. When I told them that I had just found out the night before, they calculated how far along they thought I was and made an appointment for over a month later! WHAAAA?! But, there's a baby growing inside of me. Shouldn't you see me NOW?? That was the longest few weeks that I have had to wait for anything. Our first appointment was on December 28th. Although we had not been to the doctor, we decided that we would tell our families on Christmas. We took the picture below, framed it and wrapped it up. I have to say that the reactions were pretty priceless. :)
After our first appointment, we started to let extended family and close friends know. We were going to try to wait even longer (after 1st trimester) to make it really public, like at school and on facebook. Things just don't ever work out the way you plan, though. So, we announced on facebook on New Years Eve. Immediately, I was so overwhelmed with how much everyone showed that they loved us and supported us. It was so nice to have so much support.
I am so excited to be pregnant. I am excited to start this next step in our lives. I know that we are ready and we are both couldn't be happier! I hope to blog a lot more during this exciting time, so that I can document for myself and share the joy with friends and family and of course, YOU!




6 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS GIRL! I'm so happy for you!
Congratulations!! I feel your pain on having to wait to see your doctor that first time - it was torture!
Hope you're feeling well and enjoying that first trimester. It only gets better! :)
CONGRATS that's so exciting!
This literally brought tears to my eyes!
Whoops don't know how to work this that anonymous was Carrie Craig :)
Post a Comment