Sunday, January 20, 2013

Liebster Award

 
The Liebster award is given to an up and coming blogger who has less than 200 followers.
 
-RULES-
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator sets for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Nominate blogs that you love (also with less than 200 followers) & Link them to your post and let them know they have been nominated.
 
Melissa Jo over at Home Sweet Auburn nominated me for this award! 
 
 {Isn't she cute?!}

I was so excited when she told me that she gave me this award. This is one of the few that I have ever gotten! I love reading Melissa Jo's blog. You should head over and check her out!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 Random Things About Me
 
1) I lived in Virginia for several years {8}. I lived in a very small town called Mechanicsville, very close to Richmond. My parents moved back to Kentucky in the middle of my 7th grade year. 

2) My all time favorite movie is Waynes World. I can quote nearly the whole thing and have to refrain from doing so when watching with others. 

3) When I was in college, I got the chance to be our school's mascot Big Red for a WKU women's basketball game. It was a blast! Also, Big Red is the cutest mascot out there.




4) I love to use the hot glue gun. It's seriously an addiction. I use it for EVERYTHING! 

5) TV makes me lazy. Very lazy. But I love to escape from the real world and this is a wonderful way to do that! Some shows I'm currently addicted to is: The Walking Dead, How I Met Your Mother, The Bachelor, PLL, Revenge, Law and Order SVU, New Girl, White Collar....need I go on?? Thank goodness for DVR!

6) I have been out of the country to Mexico, Japan, Bahamas, London, and Antigua. I LOVE to travel. My favorite place out of these was London. I would go back in a heartbeat!

7) I once donated my hair to Locks of Love. You can read all about that HERE. I then wrote THIS post about how I felt about it. Y'all, I still feel that way about what I did. Even though my hair has grown back out {it grows crazy fast}, it takes SEVEN pony tails to make one wig and then they charge the kids for them!! I get that what I did was a great thing, but I also wish that if people are going to donate their hair, they should DONATE the wigs. For serious. 

8) This is the first year that I didn't make any New Year Resolutions. I've never really kept them before, so why even make them? I have an on-going list of goals that I want to accomplish, but I just didn't see the point of making any actual resolutions. 

9) Speaking of lists. Remember when I had a 30 Before 30 list? Yeah....me too. You'd think, "Who cares?!" Well, I turn 30 in February. Sooooo. There goes completing THAT list by then. Maybe I should add 10 more things and make it a 40 Before 40?

10) I love spicy foods. My favorite is really, really spicy chili. When I make chili I put cayenne pepper into it! It makes it sooo yummy!

11) One of the hardest things I've had to go through this school year is that my BTF got a job at a new school. I am SO happy for her and she is really happy where she is. I just miss her. Everyday. It's been kinda hard this year. 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
11 Questions from Melissa Jo
 
What is your typical breakfast?
Lately, I have been loving some sugary cereal. I know, I know. I'm almost 30, not 7. I have been loving some Lucky Charms and Crunch Berries. I also love to eat bagels and fruit for breakfast, though.

Who was the first person you loved?
My first love was a boy named Justin Foster when I was 16. That boy hung the moon. We dated for several years. He was a year older, so he graduated and went away to college. We tried to make it work that year, but it just didn't. I was heartbroken. 
 
Past/Current Pets
I have 3 cats. I didn't mean to have 3 cats, it just kinda happened. I have had Addison forever. I wanted to get her a friend. When I was offered a kitten, I couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately, I just couldn't split up the last brother and sister. So, I have 3 cats now. I love them, though!
 
{Texas Ranger - we call him TR}

{Lucy}

{Addison}

{They love the bird feeder outside this window}


   
I'm having a burger for dinner, what's on it?
Right now it would be a butter burger from Culvers! It would have cheese, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion, mustard, ketchup and mayo. I LOVE everything on my burgers!!
 
Who was I in High School?
I was on the Dance Team, in the Latin Club and in Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA). I feel like I was someone who was friends with lots of different people, not just one group. My closest friends were definitely my girls from Dance Team. I was also voted "Most School Spirit" as a superlative. 
 
What kind of cell phone do I have?
I am an iPhone snob. I just feel like it is the best cell phone to have! I have a 4Gs still. I've only had this one for a couple of years, so I don't see the need to spend the money on a 5 just yet. I think I'll hold out for the next best thing!
 
Favorite Dessert?
I love all things sweet! There is just nothing like a good bowl of ice cream. I also love going to Stakz. It's a frozen yogurt place here in Bowling Green. The red velvet cheesecake is my favorite flavor there!
 
Favorite thing to do to waste time?
I love to watch TV {see above} and I also love to read. I just got a Kindle for Christmas and I love it!!
 
What time does my alarm go off on weekdays?
It depends on if I need to go in early to finish anything up for school. It also depends on if I have morning duty. If I don't have to do any of those things, I can get up as late as 7:15 and make it to the school house on time. I love living so close to my job!
 
My favorite season? Least favorite?
I am a teacher, so I bet you can answer what my favorite season is...SUMMER! I love warm weather, I love the pool, the beach and the lake. I am already looking forward to this summer. My least favorite season is winter. I HATE cold weather. Actually, hate is not a strong enough word for how I feel about being cold. It just makes me miserable. 
 
Am I a rule follower or a rule breaker?
It depends on the situation. I would say that I do not live my life following rules very well. There are many rules that are just made to be broken!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
11 Questions for Nominees
 
1) What is your favorite place you have ever traveled to?
2) Where do you most want to travel to?
3) What TV show do you never miss?
4) What is your favorite food?
5) Is there anything that you DO NOT leave the house without?
6) Who is someone you can always count on?
7) Do you have any New Years Resolutions?
8) Do you paint your fingernails? If so, what is your favorite color?
9) What is your favorite holiday?
10) Why did you start blogging?
11) What is your favorite childhood memory?

I am nominating:

 

         

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Fustin was your first love? I thought for sure it was Zach Johnson.

Melissa Jo said...

I am so jealous you got to be the mascot! Auburn only lets boys be mascot otherwise I would have tried out for sure. So much fun! thanks for playing along!

Melissa Jo said...

I am so jealous you got to be the mascot! Auburn only lets boys be mascot otherwise I would have tried out for sure. So much fun! thanks for playing along!

Jenna said...

I don't know how I missed this post, but I nominated you for this award today. Love your responses!