Friday, January 18, 2013

10 WEEKS!

Once a week, I am going to try to write a post that answers the same questions about my pregnancy. I think this will be a great way to see the changes that I am going through and to document this crazy time in my life!



How Far Along: 10 Weeks, 6 Days

Symptoms: Well, this is the part that could get a little gross for some of you, I guess. Others of you know me and realize that I am an open book, so you can expect to hear all throughout this process! Symptom #1: Holy constipation! Seriously. It's horrible. This is coming from someone who pre-pregnancy was always regular. Maybe sometimes a little too regular.
Symptom #2: Exhaustion. I seriously feel like I get home from work and I have to take a nap. If I don't get a nap, I'm pretty cranky and that's just not good for anyone!

Movement: I have not felt any type of movement, yet.

Cravings: I don't think I would really call it a craving, because I don't really just want it so bad that I HAVE to have it, but I could eat a Culver's butter burger everyday and be pretty happy.

Food Aversions: I haven't wanted any coffee since I have been pregnant, which is so strange, because pre-pregnancy I drank at least 3 cups of coffee every morning!

Sleep: For several weeks it was difficult to sleep through the night. Mainly because I had to get up to pee several times in the night. This past week has been so much better and I have slept pretty solid from about 9pm (don't judge me, I'm exhausted, remember?!) until about 6am.

Happy or Moody: This week I have been pretty moody. I have been out for Professional Development 3 days this week, so I haven't exactly had a great routine. Add onto that the anticipation and possibility of a snow day...with a let down. I just haven't been in a really great mood this week. Unfortunately, that means that I have just been pretty moody all around.

Best Moment of This Week: Reading that my baby is growing fingernails! Do you remember that scene in Juno when the girl outside of the abortion clinic is protesting and tells Juno that her baby already has fingernails? Yeah, it's just crazy!

Missing Anything: I am missing coffee and the occasional beer. I am not a huge drinker and Matt and I hadn't really been going out all that much anymore, but I do enjoy a beer with certain meals or just in the evening while relaxing.

Looking Forward To: I get to go see my little baby again on January 25th! I cannot wait to get to see that little profile and heartbeat again. Waiting a whole month for that is torture I tell ya!



6 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

Hey girl! Just wanted to let you know I gave you the Liebster award on my blog, the post will display at midnight tonight! Emjoy!

www.homesweetauburn.com

Anna said...

Congrats! I had my son September 22, so I remember all those pregnancy symptoms pretty well. ;)

Sarah said...

Aunt Sarah loves that little baby in your belly that's growing strong fingernails.

Mama’s Minute said...

Yay!! We are one day apart in our pregnancy! I haven't had any issues with constipation and I think it's BC of my Omegaplex vitamins. They help everything! You can get them here https://www.advocare.com/120336510/Store/ItemDetail.aspx?itemCode=W2002&id=D
I'm so excited to follow your journey! Our blog babies will appreciate this record of their life so much! Congrats!!!!

Nikki said...

Miralax, my friend.

Anonymous said...

So excited! Love your little bump.
-Erica