I've done some thinking and reflecting today. Last time that Band Boy and I hung out, I asked him what he was thinking about all of this. He told me that he is happy with how things are going and that he wants to take things slowly to make sure that it's right. He doesn't want us to go headfirst into this and it be wrong next week. I get it. He's scared. I hurt him. I knew going back into this that there would be questions. I just didn't know there would be so much question from him. It makes me ALMOST second guess things myself, because I don't want to go back into this and get hurt this time. I want to go back into this and for it to work. I know that it's right. I know that he is who makes me happy and gives me those butterflies. I have feelings for him that I have never had before him or since him. I guess I just have to put faith in the fact that I know how I feel and that this is right.
What do you think? Should I just take a step back and relax? Do I give up now? I'm no good at this dating stuff.
2 comments:
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Getting hurt is inevitable: At least to a certain degree. Partially because no relationship ends up picture-perfect like you expect it to, and partially because opening your heart to someone is giving them the ability to break it. But that doesn't mean you should close yourself off either. Sure, you might get hurt... but if you don't let loose and take the risk then you're just going to live your life with "what ifs." I don't recall reading why you broke up with band-boy in the first place... but if it's for reasons that don't apply anymore, and you've both learned and matured from the experience... then why not! One thing you need to be cautious of though, is the fatal addiction to dwell on the past. If you're starting over, REALLY start over. He's right, you SHOULD take things slow. Go on dates like you've met for the first time. If you jump back into wherever you left off... then whatever problems you had before will inevitably persist.
(Sorry for writing a book. My comments always turn out way longer than I intended them to.)
Post a Comment