Some of you long-time followers might remember THIS story told by yours truly. Back then, I was still hurting. I was having a hard time letting go. Mostly, because it was the first time I had truly dealt with rejection and also, because this boy had found himself another lady friend. That's what hurt most. Seeing their picture together on FB as his profile picture. Reading FB status' about he and this girl. Seeing for the first time where he told her on FB that he loved her. These were things that in the time we were together, he never did with me. That can sting a little bit. It stung me to the point that I had to delete him as a FB friend and from my life. I still got a couple of messages from him saying that he was sad that we were no longer friends, but I have always ignored them.
I am happy with how things turned out for me now. At the time, I was hurting and for a while I had a hard time letting it go. I would often wonder what was so different about this new girl that I didn't have. Or why is she good enough and I am not? Now? She can have his sorry ass. Better her to put up with the crap than me. It makes me think, though...am I THAT girl now? The one that is now with the boy and someone else is hurting the way that I was? Are they dealing with that rejection that I had to deal with? In getting back together with the boy, it was never my intentions to hurt anyone. Actually, I waited for a long time, because I was afraid to hurt someone else's feelings. Sometimes, when you know what's right for you, a chance has to be taken. You have to take that leap of faith and hope that things turn out for the best.
I have not longed to be with "suit boy" for over a year now, but I have been trying to compartmentalize the rejection that I faced. I am finally at peace in the fact that I am not with "suit boy" anymore. It has taken me realizing that I might be "that girl" for someone else and that I never did it intentionally or just to be vicious and hurt someone else. I'm sure that the new girl in "suit boy's" life didn't either. You can't hate on someone for wanting to make themselves happy. I fully appreciate Matt and all that we have in our relationship at this point. Nothing in the world could make me regret that decision. Not being talked about, not being stared down, not hearing people's reservations about it....NOTHING. I am happy with my life.
"Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person, how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along."
3 comments:
If someone truly wants you then the other girl would be hurt no matter if you took him back or not. If he never truly "loved" her then you being in the picture only helps you two. She will have to see that if you are the one for him then he truly didn't care for her and she will find her one.
Oh my goodness, I went through the exact same thing a few years ago. It took me a good year and a half to get over it all. I know it doesn't work out this way for everyone, and mayve it helped that we never got to the point where we were dating, but he and I are amazing friends now and both happy with our long time significant others. Until you find peace with the situation, it's all about treading water.
I think most girls can completely understand what your going through. I know that I definitely can. And sometimes it takes that "second swing to miss" to let your heart truly be able to let and never wonder 'what if..' about the first go round.
xoxo MJ
Post a Comment