If money were no object, I would spend my birthday intimately with the boy on a tropical island somewhere. I know that most people would rather have a big ole party, but not me. I'm not that big on a lot of attention...the whole singing happy birthday with a somrero the size of Texas, just isn't my idea of a fun birthday. I'd rather it be quiet and relaxing. On a beach, with some yummy drinks and spending all day in a bikini. My birthday is in February, so it's always so cold! The past two years, it has snowed. I'd like to have a birthday someplace warm and tropical. Ya dig?
I've had a lot of really great birthdays! Some of my favorite memories are from when I was young. My favorite was my 5th birthday, though. It was days before my family and I moved 8 hours away from where I was born and where my Grandparents and the rest of my family lived. My Daddy had brought me an orange teddy bear. I still have that bear. :) My adult birthdays, though...I don't really have much of a favorite. Like I said, I'm not big on the running around and drawing attention to myself...never have I worn a tiara or sash. I have loved them all, I guess. I've included some favorite memories from birthdays. Just being with my friends and family makes me a pretty happy girl!
Some of you may find this strange. My family doesn't do big birthdays. We might get together (but most of the time not) and my Mom always made me a cake (when I lived at home). I have two favorite gifts that I ever received, but they were both when I was little. The first is that orange bear that I mentioned earlier. The second is a heart-shaped birthstone ring. I was 11, so no way does it fit me now! Plus...it's gold, so I don't really wear it. The only gold this girl wears anymore is "ghetto gold". I was so proud of that ring and I still have it in my jewelry box. It's something that I will cherish forever.
The birthday that I am most looking forward to...well...I guess secretly, my 30th. It's a milestone and I can't wait to see what I have accomplished in life by then. That's only 2
Don't forget to go link up with Michelle and tell us all about your special day! :)










3 comments:
I wish I had that bikini body for my birthday.
I agree with Sarah HAHA. Thank you so much for linking up with me, sweet friend!! I love all of your personal pictures! I'm not big on huge parties either! I'd love to spend it on a tropical island or just surrounded by everyone I love works for me! I'm looking forward to my 30th too, I'm just hoping I get a little bit closer to all I'd hoped to accomplish by then ;)
I love this post! Thanks again for linking up! XOXO
Not celebrating birthdays big is so foreign to me. My husband's family didn't make a big deal either, so now I feel like I have to make up for lost time and make his birthday celebration an entire week!
Post a Comment