Monday, April 11, 2011

The Running Man

If you live in an apartment complex, then you often deal with crazies. I live in a pretty safe area and I have quiet neighbors. There aren't college kids partying all hours of the night. In fact, it's a party goin' on when the lady next door is vacuuming. That's the most noise I deal with. I love it where I live.

For a few days, I was getting up super early around 6 am to head to school early to get a few things done. When I leave my apartment, I drive through part of the complex until I get to the actual street. Several mornings in a row, I would see who I nicknamed "The Running Man" (TRM). He would be beside of his Lexus, facing the driver's side door. TRM would just be running in place. For quite sometime. I have slowed down considerably to watch him in amazement. TRM is an older gentleman and is Oriental and always dressed nicely, as if heading to work.

At first, I racked my brain...what is he doing? Is this some ritual? Wait...I know other Oriental people and none of them do this. I've been to freakin' Japan and there were no people running in place by their cars! The other day, I passed by and TRM was hopping back and forth and then proceeding to run in place. Why do you suppose this is? Why am I such a chicken and I will not stop to take a picture? Would that be considered rude? I just want to know what his purpose is for running in place before getting into his car. Do any of you have any ideas?

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

that is extremely odd! you should just stop and ask him!

Nikki said...

Maybe he’s just getting excited to go to work. I often skip down the halls of my office just to make the day more enjoyable.

Bre said...

Maybe he has a long commute and he has to get his blood pumping so he doesn't fall asleep on the way in. You should definitely ask him.

"Excuse me, sir? Every morning I notice you doing this as I drive by. Can I ask why?"

And then hurry to your computer and tell us all the answer!