Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am linking up today with Julia for Thankful Thursday! The theme is a Valentine's Day edition and we all have something to be thankful for.


1. I am thankful for a second chance with the love of my life. I keep talking about it, but I can't tell you how grateful I am that he still has feeling for me and was willing to give me a second chance. I haven't gone into exact details, yet as to what happened, but I promise that a post will be on the way soon.


2. I am so thankful for the students that I teach. I haven't gotten to be with them much since Christmas break, because of all of this snow, but I have really grown to love them. My group this year is so different than any group I have ever had. I was thinking this morning about them and how I give them each a hug as they leave my classroom in the afternoons. That very well may be the highlight of my day. I hope that it brightens some of their days, as well.


3. I am thankful for my sweet friends. They have really made not only this week for my birthday special, but the past several years that I have known all of them. I know that I can always count on them if I have something going on or even just to have fun with! There's never a dull moment with my friends.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your thankful list! Sounds like you have a very special class this year :)

Melissa Jo said...

You have a lot to be thankful for! I agree with you about 2nd chances though, they make you super grateful for sure!

black tag diaries said...

great list! love 2nd chances... and true friends are the best... thanks for linking up!

Nuha said...

You've got me on a hook! I want to know the story with you and your beau...I'm a sucker for love stories! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! xoxo

Samantha M. said...

I'm a new follower and a teacher too! I do the same thing with my students...for some it may be the only hug they get all day!

Ashley said...

love that you and your man are together! im a firm believer in 2nd chances :)

Anonymous said...

I love that you included your students in your list, and I'll second it! I'm just substituting now as I look for a teaching job next year, but there's nothing like a good batch of students to brighten your day!

I'm sure they LOVE your hugs!