Friday, December 3, 2010

"She's a kindergarten teacher, but she's got a wild side!"

Over Thanksgiving, I traveled to visit family. First, I went to Hazard to spend time with my Dad's side of the family, then over the weekend, I went to Frankfort (shout out the the state capital!!) to visit with my Mom's side of the family. Friday night, in Frankfort, my cousins and I partook (is that even a word?!...partaked...)...we participated in a Thanksgiving "bar hop". We started at my cousin, Curtis' girlfriend's house. Stephanie's house is close enough to walk to some of the bars in downtown Frankfort. We had a couple of drinks at her house, played old school music and Meloldy, Nanci and I had a dance-off. We were having a blast, actually!

The first place that we went to, was called The Dragon. The Dragon must have been so exciting that we stayed there the whole night and never ventured over to any other places. What a bar hop! We started upstairs listening to a live band. It wasn't a very good band, but we were still dancing around and being goofy. It's my family...what did you really expect? I went downstairs to get a drink and spotted a guy that I thought was rather attractive. I mentioned this to my cousin, Melody. Within minutes, she's telling a bartender that she knows that I think this guy is good looking and before I know it, I'm sitting with this guy at the bar and talking. I find out that he is the owner of the bar. He was a very nice guy, very good looking, successful...okay, what's wrong with him? He got up to do some work and so I took this as an opportunity to ask the two bartenders if he is seeing anyone. Their answer was awkward and vague. I didn't like their reaction to this question. I am NOT a home-wrecker. AT ALL. Contrary to popular belief...I will not "stick my fangs" into anyone else's man. He's yours?! Good for you! Moving on, now.

So. Since I am unsure if he is seeing anyone...I tone down the flirting...a smidge. Not by MUCH at all. I still have no confirmation. At one point during our conversation, My cousin Nanci yells out to him, "She's a kindergarten teacher and she's got a wild side!" Have I mentioned how much I love my family?! Well, he gets up again and I take this as an opportunity to talk to the bartenders again. Now, they start eluding to the fact that this guy could possibly be a homosexual, but they aren't sure about him. I thought he was just metro. He had a faux-hawk, was dressed in nice jeans and boots, with a plaid button up. Doesn't sound like a flamer...right?

So, now...not ONLY do I have to worry about whether or not a guy is taken, but now I have to worry about whether or not they are straight. Men should really just wear a sign that says, "I'm available!" Kinda like a scarlet letter. That would make dating SO much easier for women.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I always err on the side of caution when it comes to faux hawks.

Anonymous said...

Gay straight man or straight gay man?! That's a tough call. If the jeans are designer and he's not a celebrity, proceed with caution. The plaid button up would have thrown me too.

AlysonBlairKaufman said...

Hahahah! That is so funny!! I like to think that I have a pretty descent gaydar but sometimes it is really hard to tell. I've met a lot of guys lately that I THOUGHT were gay and turned out to be straight. Ya really never know.