December has been a time of reflection for me, as well. I have thought a lot about my past year New Years Resolutions. It was more of a goal. One that I didn't tell very many people (3, I think) and will not divulge here. I met that goal and it took me nearly all year, but I did it. I have thought a lot about what kind of year I want 2011 to be. A new year means another chance to make your life better. I truly believe that everyone should have a New Years Resolution (or even a few). Something that you have reflected on and you want to make better in your life. This year, I have a few. Four to be exact. I decided to share them here, but will not talk about them anywhere else. So, readers, do not ask me about them later or talk about them.
MY 2011 RESOLUTIONS
- To start and keep a savings account. Don't judge. I don't have one. at all. It's embarrassing. I have had one a couple of times, but always end up having to drain it for something. I want to keep one and put a set amount of money in it each month. Sure beats that coffee can buried in my yard. ;)
- I want to take at LEAST 2 vacations this year. Of these two vacations, I want to visit at least one new state or country.
- I want to have a regular work-out routine. No more "donating" to the gym. I need to go. At least regularly. Maybe start with 2 times a week and work my way up to more.
- To keep in touch better with Nikki, Matt, and Henry. I got the chance to visit with them on Christmas Eve. For those who don't know, Nikki and I have been best friends since 8th grade. We met in 7th grade, but really decided to like each other when we did family trees and we both have the same Polly Feltner in our family tree. We are related, but not sure how distant or exactly how. Maybe she's like my 7th cousin twice removed or something? I don't understand how all of that works. I digress. Seeing them on Christmas Eve made me realize that I need to call more often and visit even more often. There are not many people in life who just "get you". Nikki will always be my best friend for that exact reason.
1 comment:
Would it be too much to say I totally agree with #4? :) I too, need to stay in touch more often. You sweet little thing you, blog-dropping my name like it's hot...which it is...but now I'm just rambling. What?
Post a Comment