Wednesday, April 11, 2012

P90X Day 1

I want to have awesome arms in my wedding dress in June and I want to look good for our honeymoon. Both of my brothers had previously done P90X and talked about how much they loved it. I thought I would give it a try and was happy when Matt agreed to do it with me. So far the hardest part was deciding when we wanted our off day to be. The program works with 6 days on and 1 day off. After a lot of discussion, Matt & I decided that we wanted our off day to be Monday. It will give us the first day of the work week off. Plus, Matt plays in a dodgeball league on Mondays.

Before we started we took some "before pictures". I am embarrassingly going to share mine, but I am going to take more in a couple of weeks to share with you, to compare progress.







Once the photography session was over, we popped in the DVD and got started. We did a warm-up, then got started with push-ups and pull-ups galore! My word. I thought, "I can't do anymore!!" and then he would make us do MORE push-ups. I can honestly say that I didn't really enjoy yesterday. Today is Plyometrics. We had to google it to see what it is all about. It sounds kinda fun, actually. A lot of squats and jumping...from what Wikipedia says.

After we finished yesterday, I was already sore. I was really dreading today and what I would feel like, but it's not all that bad. I can hardly lift my arms above my head...no biggie. Who needs to do that, anyway??

More progress to follow. Happy Wednesday!!






3 comments:

Nikki said...

First, awesome sports bra! Second, I’m extremely jealous of your “before” picture…I’ll try to hide my jealousy with the “after” but it’s going to be hard.

Tiffany said...

I need you to know that your "before" pictures is tiny!! You are NOT even close to big...but I understand the wanting to be "fit" and "looking good".

Bre said...

You are already a hot mama! Can't wait to see all the awesome changes!