I went to dinner with a friend a few weeks ago. This is a friend that I can talk to about anything and she will listen. I can say really mean things about people and she will not think of me as a horrible person. I've really thought a lot about something she said to me.
There are enough bad things that happen in life that we cannot control. So we should really take control of the things that we can to try to have a happier life.
She probably didn't say it exactly like that, which is why there are no quotation marks, but this is what I heard and have been putting a lot of thought into it. The last year and a half has been both really amazing and really hard for Matt and I. Once my friend put things into perspective for me, I decided that I would become a more proactive person. I'm not going to keep negative people in my life just to be hurt by them continuously. I will avoid situations that do not make me feel comfortable. I will not watch TV that makes me sad. I will only read things that make me happy or lift me up. I've been working hard to cut out the negativity and I have to say that I have felt so much better about my life and just am all around happier.
I have so much to be thankful for and I am going to concentrate on those things and people.
3 comments:
Amen, sister! I have been trying to do the same!
Post a Comment