Thursday, March 24, 2011

Me on the Map


I am linking up with my good little bloggy friend, Michelle for "Me on the Map". How fun is this link up?! You should totally go participate and show everyone about your hometown!

I am going to tell you all about Bowling Green, Kentucky. This is not where I was born and raised, but I have lived here for almost 10 years now and I consider it my home. I know that in my blog description, it says that I am trying to get out of here. I have tried a couple of times and it just hasn't worked out. I've come to the realization recently that I actually LOVE Bowling Green and I don't want to move away. I love my friends here, I'm in a good location, and I like the small town feel that it has without being a hole in the wall city. Ya dig?

So, on to tell you a little about where I'm from. Bowling Green is located about 2 hours south of Louisville, Kentucky and about an hour north of Nashville, Tennessee. Nashville is one of my favoritest cities and my friends and I go visit when we have time - especially to shop! :)


You like Corvettes? Well, it's rare to drive from one place to another without spotting AT LEAST one of these babies. Bowling Green is the only city in the U.S. to produce Corvettes. We have the Corvette Plant and Museum here. Sad to say, I have lived here so long and have never visited...bummer.


Bowling Green is also home to Western Kentucky University, my alma mater. I decided to come to WKU when I was about a sophomore in HS. I had a friend who was a freshman at WKU and her brother and I would come to visit her and I loved everything about it. I never regretted my decision and I still am proud to be a Hilltopper!
WKU's mascot is "Big Red". He's so lovable! It's really one of those things that you have to be part of to fully understand and appreciate. Kinda like the school's motto, "The Spirit Makes the Master"...By the way...that's me dressed up as Big Red! :)

Bowling Green is located on top of many caves. We are close to Mammoth Cave National Park and here in BG, we have Lost River Cave. They have tours or you can rent it out for events, such as proms or weddings. It's a beautiful place to have something special like that!
I've only ever done the boat tour once on a field trip. It was really neat to see the fish down in the water and my favorite (total sarcasm), the cave crickets!

Here are just some other random photos from around good ole BG. Enjoy the tour!






Most importantly, Bowling Green is the home to ME!!

Don't forget to link up with Michelle to let us know where you live!!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thank you so much for linking up with me :) I loved learning more about you and where you live! Who knows maybe I'll get to visit you there?! ;) I definitely want to after reading about Bowling Green. I love its location and how close it is to Nashville! Corvettes? The museum sounds like fun, I'd love to drive in one! Your campus looks beautiful! The Mammoth Cave looks so cool. I'd love to go to a wedding there or on the boat tour! All your pictures are great! I love this post! Thanks again for linking up sweet friend :) XOXO

Michelle said...

Never been to Bowling Green, but it is somewhere I have been wanting to travel to!!! Thank you for mentally taking me there!!! Have a good weekend!

Melissa Jo said...

I've actually been to the Lost River Cave & loved it! It is so pretty up there!