Friday, October 4, 2013

Happy 2 Months, Lincoln Green!

This is a little overdue, considering that Lincoln will be 3 months old in just 14 days. I just have to share what the little dude has been doing, though! He's cray. First, he comes almost a month early. Then as soon as they place him on my chest for skin to skin bonding time, he raises his head and looked both ways. Not even kidding. Now at 2 months? Oh, ya know...just smiling, squealing with delight and rolling over. He's just in a hurry for everything! The past 2 months have been 2 of the best of my life. He definitely makes everyday exciting and interesting. If you read my last post, then you know that he also makes everything a little more difficult and exhausting. Some days all I want is a shower and to brush my teeth. Is that too much to ask? ;)

At Lincoln's 2 month check up he weighed 11 lbs, 12 oz. He was 23 inches long. He had his first cold and he had croup. We have also found out in the last month that Lincoln has eczema. 

Lincoln sleeps pretty well. He typically wakes up around midnight and then again around 5 am. That's so much better than midnight, 2 am and then 5 am. I can't wait for him to start sleeping a little longer than even that!

Right now, he still only eats milk. I am breastfeeding. That has been so hard. I'm not going to lie, I know exactly why women give up on it. Those first 3 weeks were so hard. It's time consuming, frustrating, you can't just eat/drink what you want...and my nipples? Well, you don't even wanna know. I stuck it out, though and I am glad I did. The benefits far outweigh the frustrations.

Lincoln has found his hands. He likes to suck on his fist and thumb. He started paying attention to the mirror on his swing (he likes to smile at himself) and the toys on his gym.

I go back to work in 10 days. TEN. So depressing. If Matt made enough money, don't think for a second that I wouldn't stay at home. No such luck. We could probably "get by", but girl likes her shopping sprees and vacations. *sigh*









Dear Lincoln,
Please slow down. You're growing up too fast already. I want to keep you a sweet baby forever.
Love, Your Mommy

No comments: