So, you know how we got engaged, the when and the where we will be getting hitched. I guess I should tell you the who. Since we are having a beach wedding/destination, we decided to keep everything very, very simple. We are only having one attendant each. Matt chose to have his Dad stand by him. For me, the decision was not as simple. I have many close girlfriends that I care about and would love to stand up with me. I chose my best friend, Sammi.
Let's start by how Sammi and I met and became close. We met my freshman year in college...that's about 10 years ago! She was a senior in high school. I was roommates with one of her friends from Muhlenberg Co. My Sophomore year, she and Ashley decided to live together and I lived with my friend from HS, Candice. I would go hang out with them on the regular. They threw a party for mine and Ashley's birthdays (hers was the day after mine). Let's just say that things took a turn for the worse and we wrote Ashley off and became very, very close from it all. Piece of advice before I move on....DO NOT let a boy come between you and your friends...and DO NOT be the girl that tries to become between a girl and her boyfriend. Moving on.
Sammi and I had a ton of great times together through college and the time following college. Evidence:
I am SO thankful to have Sammi in my life. She has always been a constant. She is quick to forgive and never judges me. I couldn't ask for a better best friend, which is why I have chosen her as my Maid of Honor.
To ask her, I bought a bottle of wine and attached a note to it. I got the idea from Pinterest. Shocking. I was happy to see how excited she was that I asked her! She's going to be the BEST MOH EVER!





















2 comments:
So sweet! LOVE how you asked her! And out of all those pics, my fave is the one where you are covering your vajay with your hand. Yeah, I noticed. That's why we are BBFF!
ok so you know I went MIA for a while...sorry....so glad to be catching back up with you!!! And CONGRATS on getting engaged!! So excited for you!!!
Post a Comment