Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend Update: Jackson Style

My weekend was just great. It's the kind of weekend that brings tears to your eyes, because it was that good and you don't want it to end. On Friday, I tore out of school and hit the road heading south-west to Jackson, TN. **Insert some great tunes here by Johnny Cash** "I'm goin' to Jackson..."

When I got there, there was a ton of talking, hugs, and gift exchanges! Sammi is so thoughtful. She had bought me a gift certificate to get mah nails did. She said, "Since you're engaged, you can't go around with your nails a hot mess." I finally got to give her a birthday present (it was on Nov. 2nd) and give her another gift...a bottle of wine with a note attached asking her to be my Maid of Honor. She excitedly accepted! More on that Wednesday, so check back!

We showered and headed out on the town for the night with some of Sammi's friends. It was so fun! I met some new people and got to see some friends that I have made through the years while visiting Sammi in Jackson. There was a whole lotta dancing and a whole lotta cold drinks.



Saturday we woke up and headed out on a mission. The mission was simple. Operation find Ashley a hot NYE dress. At first, I was a little bummed, because I didn't think that I was going to be able to find anything. Everything that I tried on was too short, not sparkly enough, was too expensive, or was cute from the boobs up, but boobs down...a train wreck! I ended up having some success. I didn't take a pic of the one that I found, but managed to take some of the others. The first one, I LOVED. But it was too much for my pocketbook to take. Sad. The second. Yowza! 'Scuze the socks. It was cold!




The dress that I chose was a black, one shoulder dress. It's simple, but I love it! Check out the shoes that I got to go with it. I love! Now the next part of my mission, is to figure out a cute updo and find some sparkly gold earrings and bracelets.



After shopping, we went and watched the movie New Years Eve. I have heard some bad things about people not liking it. I loved it! I cried the entire last part of the dang movie. There were so many sad things that happened right after the other...it was sad! I had a full out ugly cry. So. Ugly.

We watched the UK game. Ouch. That last second shot by Indiana was pretty awesome. I'm a UK fan to the death. I really love my CATS. I also just appreciate good college basketball games and this was definitely one. UK definitely deserved to lose! Afterwards, we got ready and went to dinner and get some drinks with some of Sammi's friends. Check out what we saw!

Nice mullet, lady. Nice.

Sunday when I left, I stopped in Nashville to see my friends Laura and Rebecca. We sat in O'Charleys and laughed until we cried for about an hour. It was such a MUCH needed weekend. Tons of fun and relaxing all at the same time.

Do you have NYE plans and where did you find your hot dress?

2 comments:

Bre said...

So wait, does this mean I'M not your MOH? LOL!

OMG, dress #2 is SMOKIN' HOT!! I need it! We aren't really doing anything special for NYE this year, so no reason to get me a hot dress. Can't wait to see the one you bought!

Tiffany said...

ooo I am so sad I missed out on your visit to Jackson!!! Next time we will have to have a meet up!!