Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hurry Spring!

If you are a close friend or a family member of mine, you know that I DESPISE the fall. I hate that I don't like fall. I enjoy fall things. Like football and tailgating, Halloween and Thanksgiving, the leaves turning pretty colors, apples and pumpkins...but, I still HATE fall. You can read about why here.

August usually is a difficult month. I was prepared for it...I really was. I was prepared to be physically and mentally exhausted from all of the work and hours that I put in at school making that kindergarten classroom look nice and making those kids happy and busy. What I was not prepared for is more death.

August has just been terrible and I cannot wait for it to be over. Matt's Mom passed away at the end of July. It has actually been one month today. What a hard time it has been! Things in both of our lives will never be the same. In some ways, for the better. I have learned so much from this situation. TRUST ME when I say that it is in no way worth losing her to learn these lessons. I would rather remain ignorant and have her in our lives. I have to look for something good in this situation or I will have a hard time accepting things and beginning to move on.

Matt's Uncle also passed away a week or so ago. Things have just not been too happy around here. I have definitely been putting a lot of effort, time and money into my classroom.

I say that I can't wait for August to be over, but then it's going to start turning fall. Hurry Spring.

5 comments:

Christina said...

I'm sorry it's been a tough month. I hope September is a better to you!

Nikki said...

Love you

Danielle said...

I'm sorry you've had such a rough couple of weeks. My grandmother used to always hate the month of February and when March finally came around, she'd say, "Well we made it through the worst month."

Hope the next few weeks turn around for you.

P!nky said...

Hey sweet girl, I'm so sorry your falls have been so awful. I am not a big fan of fall either, but for much lighter reasons. Praying for a better fall for you!

Bre said...

I'm so sorry, friend! I have experienced a lot of loss in my life and it never gets easier. It helps to focus on the wonderful things they contributed to your life instead of the fact that they are no longer in it. Smile :)